Friday, December 12, 2008

IVF journey....a new beginning

5th Dec 2008

In Singapore for my blood test in NUH and had some documents that needed to be read and sign.Went to eat lunch with Mummy and Dad afterwards - had Hainan Chicken Rice.After lunch Dad drop me off at Mama's house.She was surprised that I came back again.Had to tell her a white lie.Told her that I had to go to HDB because of our house issues.I would love to tell her the reason I came back but I know she would be so worried about me and she would fuss over me.And if the IVF failed, I wouldn't bear to see her disappointment.

My next appointment will be 11th Dec with Prof Wong for my blood review.
This date will determine whether we are qualified to go ahead with the IVF or not.

Now the question is....what am I suppose to do next 6 days?
Without my lap top, my books, my scrap album and most of all my KY.Its been a long week...for me at least.What I did? Read..watch hindi movies n cried my heart out...and read again.

At last 11Dec came.
My appointment is at 935 am at NUH.
I was quite nervous actually.What happen if we are not fit to do the IVF? Should we go for adoption? When my name was called out by the nurse, I said a lil' prayers before I went in.Prof Wong came in soon after...and he look into the report and explain what are the results...which was quite hazy for me.Ok some of the medical terms I don't quite understand.The only words I understood was, 'Ok, looking at the report and you and your husband will go ahead with the IVF.'Alhamdulillah...we finally get to do it.

On 23rd Dec is the starting of Follicle stimulation.
I have to self inject of Suprefact(Buserelin) for 2 weeks.This procedure is to stimulate the ovaries to produce follicles containing the egg.The thought of self injecting myself already scared the hell out of me.The nurse who showed me how it was done make it sound so easy.yeah..try poking yourself and we'll see how easy that is!

No comments: